A Permanent Resident (Green Card Holder) is someone who has been granted permission to live and work in the United States on a permanent basis.  You can become a permanent resident several different ways. 

Check if you’re eligible for Permanent Residence here.

Permanent Residence Information is provided by U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services

What are the requirements?  The paperwork required to receive a Permanent Residence Includes:

  • Permanent Resident Alien Card (I-551)
  • Foreign passport stamped by the U.S. Government indicating that the holder has been
    “Processed for I-551″
  • Permanent resident Re-entry Permit (I-327)
  • Arrival Departure Form I-94 with “Temporary I-551” stamp and holder’s photograph affixed
  • Travel Document issued to Permanent Residents (I-327)
  • Travel Document issued to Refugees (I-571)
  • Form I-94 stamped  with one of the following statuses:  Asylee, Parolee or Parole, Refugee, Asylum, HP-humanitarian parolee or PIP-public interest parolee

In addition to all these documents, most applications for a green card require that you go through a medical exam.

Learn about who must complete a medical exam and the specific forms and procedures that you must follow when getting a medical exam by finding an affordable medical examiner near you!